Dr. Derrick is a licensed psychologist (Idaho PSY-325) who maintains a part-time clinical counseling practice with 20 years experience in both mindful counseling (identifying the impacts of habitual thought & behavior patterns) and Jungian/ Hakomi depth psychology (dream, image, and body-based & experiential exploration).
She works collaboratively with you and integrates mindful awareness, warm, intuitive clinical presence, and practical problem-solving approaches into her clinical work.
She earned her Ph.D. from Stanford University with advanced training at Yale University, UCLA and UC-Berkeley.
- change, transition, and uncertainty
- personal meaning and confidence
- emotional confusion
- developmental/ social wounds, including cultural disempowerment
- mindfulness. contemplative practice, and spiritual direction
- intuitive material from dreams and meditation
insurance & rates
- she accepts insurance from Blue Cross/ Regence/ Blue Shield
- individual sessions last 60 minutes and are billed at $145
- sliding scale fees can be negotiated
Dr. Derrick offers mentoring to help support your meditation or dream practice. She has meditated for 25 years/ practiced dream analysis for 15 years and has encountered the joys and challenges of a life long practice. She is a UCLA certified mindfulness teacher (basic and advanced certification) and has studied with world renowned teachers. She also offers classes on mediation/ dream/ contemplative arts in your setting.
- encountering physical and emotional pain
- working with thinking in meditation
- mindfulness in daily life
- bridging psychological and spiritual growth practices
- integrating expressive, contemplative arts into practice